There’s nothing like a bit of time off over the summer to lounge by the pool and have a chance to reflect on what life’s all about … As Torque Law approaches its 1st birthday, it’s been great to look back at all the work we’ve done, but also think about what makes us and our business tick.
We were clear from the outset that we wanted Torque Law to do things a bit differently. Like a lot of our clients, we’re an SME. We’ve embraced the agility and freedom that this gives us to create a firm to best suit our clients’ needs without compromising our personal values. It’s great not to be tied down by the constraints of a big law firm. But what’s really different is what we like to think of as our “golden rule” – treating clients how we would like to be treated if we were in their shoes. This pans out in so many ways, but we really pride ourselves on:
1. Being an approachable voice on the end of the phone or a friendly face when we meet – if you’re an employer with a tricky employment issue to tackle, the last thing you need is a frosty lawyer;
2. Getting to the point – we’re straight-talkers and, whilst we’ll explain the options to you, we’ll also tell you what we’d do if we were in your situation;
3. Getting on with things – we’re lucky enough to have many clients, but we know that for each of them their employment issues can be really pressing, so we want to be around to speak or meet when suits you and take things off your desk so that you can get on with other things;
4. Being adaptable – we’re equally comfortable fighting the corner of the wronged employee and managing a sensitive situation or exit for an employer and this helps keep a good perspective on what the other side may be thinking in any situation;
5. Our flexibility – this doesn’t just apply to the way we deliver our advice, but also to how we can agree our fees;
6. And last, but not least, our uncompromising quality – recently described by a client as what they’d have expected from a national firm, but with a Yorkshire price tag!